>> January 5, 2020
>> Blog Post #5
While I’m getting all setup here and organized for a year of writing, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself a little more.
I’d like to do so by using a simple questionnaire that I personally refer to as the “Bernard Pivot Questionnaire” but that has been used in various formats by others, most notably by James Lipton during his “Inside the Actors Studio” interviews. (for those who don’t know it – here is the first example I stumbled on while looking it up).
There are a few different versions of it out there, so here’s my own mashup of it.
- What is my favorite word: dream
- What is my least favorite word: must
- What is my favorite drug: sugar
- What turns me on creatively, spiritually or emotionally: driving alone at night
- What turns me off: arguing
- What is my favorite curse word: connard
- What sound or noise do I love: fuzz
- What sound or noise do I hate: phone
- Who would you like to see on a new banknote: an empty portrait
- What profession other than my own would I like to attempt: writer (here’s my attempt)
- What profession would I not like to do: garbage man
- If you were reincarnated as some other plant or animal, what would it be: a bear
- If Heaven exists, what would you like God to say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates: I would like him to give me stats about my life
Feel free to chime in with your responses to this questionnaire in the comments section below.